The honeymoon choice is an important decision...the icing on the cake...the bow to perfectly wrap up your entire wedding journey. A European honeymoon would certainly be a beautiful bow and Italy may just be the prettiest bow of all.
Below are the top 5 reasons to choose Italy for your perfect honeymoon!
5) STEP OUTSIDE THE HONEYMOON BOX. Are you are looking for something different....something that will create an experience, not just a honeymoon trip? Tropical islands are wonderful and the most popular kind of honeymoon destination. But a honeymoon to Italy provides a magical combination of charm, romance, rich history, delicious food & wine and breathtaking views at every turn.
4) YOU ARE NOT A LOUNGE CHAIR JUNKIE. Every bride and groom is typically exhausted after months of planning and from the wedding weekend itself. Building in down time is important. But if you (or both of you) are the type to get bored by day 2 of laying on the beach, then striking a balance of relaxation and exploring is ideal. Italy easily offers both, as the Italians know how to relax and the country itself offers as much exploring as you'd like.
3) HIGH QUALITY EXPLORING. Speaking of exploring, you have struck gold when it comes to exploring in Italy. Whether you are touring the Colosseum, taking a romantic gondola ride in Venice, visiting a vineyard in the countryside, day tripping it to Capri or strolling through a market...it's endless!
2) CITIES, COUNTRYSIDE AND COAST ALL IN ONE. How many honeymoons offer you the ability to see a romantic city, the countryside and the coast all in one trip?! What a perfect solution to satisfying differing preferences. Each region will offer different sights, food, wine, views and culture.
1) ROMANCE. And the #1 reason to choose Italy for your honeymoon is romance (of course). If you weren't the romantic type before embarking on your Italian honeymoon, you will certainly get a crash course while there! Imagine you and your spouse on your balcony in Venice listening to the gondoliers gliding by while singing in Italian. Or lounging poolside at your Tuscan farmhouse with 360 degree views of rolling hills all around you. Or waking up in your cliffside bedroom overlooking the Amalfi Coast. I could go on and on and on....