1) CREATING EXPERIENCES: You are not just creating memories, you are creating experiences and life experiences are what shape us into who we are as individuals.
2) A NEW PERSPECTIVE: Many kids, including mine, live in a bubble that includes their friends, school and community. Getting them out of this bubble to see other cultures, how other people live or trying new food is good for them.
3) EXPAND THEIR MINDS: When kids stretch themselves outside of their comfort zones, they will ultimately feed their confidence for their everyday life.
4) HELP YOUR KIDS ADJUST TO CHANGE: Lots of kids dislike change. Traveling with your kids is a natural way to help them learn to deal with change and the unexpected.
5) CREATING LIFELONG MEMORIES: It's funny how some of my best memories come from when we were the most stressed. Like the time my 3 kids were crammed in the backseat of a teeny, tiny European rental car arguing over their legs/arms touching each other. Meanwhile, my husband was trying to drive into Paris!! I think they were grounded from gelato for the rest of the day. We laugh about it now (but not then!!).
6) FAMILY BONDING TIME: In our culture, we are all so busy and many people do not make enough time for uninterrupted quality family time. A scheduled trip is a great way to make this happen.
7) FOSTER A LOVE FOR TRAVEL: All 3 of my kids now have a love for travel and exploring new places due to our travels together. They will one day create their own adventures, and eventually with their own children!